Build and install
Generic installation instructions (UNIX) are here, which is also included in the source package (INSTALL or INSTALL.html).
Introduction and tutorials
- Learn about the benefits of Wt compared to traditional web application frameworks using our white paper.
- The online tutorial (download PDF) brings you up to speed on developing web applications using Wt (revised December 2011).
- The ORM framework (Wt::Dbo) is covered in a separate online tutorial (download PDF) (revised July 2011).
- Dr Dobbs Journal has a good introductary article on Wt (February 2008).
- The reference manual contains a library overview which is recommended reading with information on configuration and deployment options.
- Victor Venkman wrote a nice introduction to Wt, with a closer examination of the hello world example.
The reference manual has been generated from the source code using doxygen.
Source-level documentation has also been generated for the examples and can be viewed here (in a new window).
There is a community-run Wt Wiki with useful information such as a FAQ and tips and tricks.